Forums are a great way to interact with others to find answers and obtain assistance. Often, a question you have may already be answered and found here. Although you don’t have to sign up, membership in these forums are free and allow you to post your own question. Often times, answers can be received right away, but be prepared to wait several hours or days depending on complexity. And remember, if you got your question answered, clicking the thanks button or thanking the person goes a long way appreciation wise. Also if you visit a forum and know the answer to a question, it is always rewarding to chip in with your suggestion and who knows, maybe you’ll get a purple star or Thanks for useful post too.
- Utter Access Forums – Comprehensive Forums
- ASP Free Forums – Comprehensive Forums
- VBA Express – Comprehensive Forums
- Microsoft Access Help Center – Forum for MS-Access
- Tek-Tips – Comprehensive Forums
Here are some links for Tips, Tutorials and Courses. Some sites also have links to other useful sites. A few of these sites haven’t been updated for a while, but often the information is still useful and mostly works for current systems.
- Nifty Access – Techniques, Tutorials and Videos
- Access-Freak – Tutorials, blog, info on Access 2007
- UC Berkeley Database Courses – Master Microsoft Access
- Allen Browne’s Access Tips – tips for users and programmers, known bugs, etc.
- Tips & Tricks – Richard Rost – good video tutorials, most pretty basic
- Microsoft Developers Network – MSDN
- Tutorial & Reference for Access 2016
- Tutorial & Reference for Access 2003/2007
- Tony’s Microsoft Access Page – Mostly pre Access 2007- Good reference for news and tips
- Microsoft Download Center
- Microsoft Knowledge Base
- Roger’s Access Libraries – Useful libraries
- DataPig – Short Flash Video Tutorials on Access topics and tips
- The Access Web – API’s, bugs, etc.
- Regular Expressions in Access VBA
- Regular Expressions – Remove text between parenthesis
- Use SQL to Read an Excel Sheet
- Desmond Oshiwambo – Useful Access and Excel VBA code
- Peter’s Software – MS Access Shareware and Freeware Tools for Developers
- Access Database Repair and Recovery – Microsoft Access repair and recovery experts. Get your corrupt database recovery report and fix that corrupted mdb file.
- “Kick Start” data models – Barry Williams’ extensive collection of ER diagrams